Saturday, May 16, 2009

Soggy Saturday

It’s been raining almost all day long, we had plans to go out but I don’t like dealing with rain. Its one thing if it’s a nice warm sprinkle but this is a soak you cold steady rain.
Saturdays are always boring. It’s a very busy day at dh’s restaurant so he is usually gone 14-16 hours. I love my kids unconditionally but after 16 hours alone with them it’s enough to make you a bit crazy. I try to find constructive ways for them to spend there time. However, today has been deemed “spring cleaning take two” With me being injured the house has really gotten away from me. I’m not a great housekeeper to begin with so lets just say I would not invite anyone over. I have been doing little things here and there but anyone who has 4 kids would understand that it’s hard to keep up with it. We have a pretty big house, which makes it even harder. I’m looking forward to moving and downsizing. Not downsizing the space so much as wanting use able space and storage. I do like the idea of having 4-5 bedrooms the girls like sharing now but that wont last. Everyone has their own rooms now but they don’t use them. Erynn has a small room on the 2nd floor, Aria and Morgan share a loft which is like 3 rooms in one, yet they wont spread out in fact most nights they sleep in each others beds or one will sleep on the floor next to the other ones bed. They have 4 beds in there so they can change it up as much as they like. They also have a really nice playroom; I would have loved it when I was a kid. They honestly don’t use it much so I’m considering when we move to get rid of 90% of the toys down there. Truly they are spoiled they recently got a mini fridge down their as well. Here is a glimpse into the playroom,



Ideally I would like a ranch style home, with a nice finished basement, 5 bedrooms, 2-3 bathrooms, and a huge yard 5 acres would be ideal. I want to be able to plant, and maybe have some farm animals. I would love a ranch though because I want this to be the home I retire in and I don’t want stairs. We have 3 flights now and it drives me batty. First floor laundry would be awesome too. It would be awesome to build our own home but I just don’t see that happening anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment