Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tasty Tuesday.

I haven't blogged in a few again. Life has just been so stinking busy! The girls started school. Their first day went well day 2 is today so we will see what their story is when the get home. I really wish I was a student. They have an awesome school. It's the first year of the school, they have an indoor pool they have Ipods for every student, and each class has a set of Kindles.. I'm like at least we know that the money in the school is well spent. I think i love most is that its a small school only 300 students k-6th, lots of attention give to each child. Today is tasty Tuesday so a recipe will follow. Today my mom is flying in from FL! big anticipation for her arrival. We have lots of plans but I will try to blog along.

Tuesday's Recipe

Chicken Fiesta Salad



INGREDIENTS
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (1.27 ounce) packet dry fajita seasoning, divided
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
1/2 cup salsa
1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, cut into wedges
Add to Recipe Box


DIRECTIONS
Rub chicken evenly with 1/2 the fajita seasoning. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear; set aside.
In a large saucepan, mix beans, corn, salsa and other 1/2 of fajita seasoning. Heat over medium heat until warm.
Prepare the salad by tossing the greens, onion and tomato. Top salad with chicken and dress with the bean and corn mixture.


and back to the kids Erynn is in 6th, Aria 2nd.. and yes color me paranoid but I black out their school logo's



No comments:

Post a Comment