Monday, August 17, 2009

Make a list Monday!

Thought it would be interesting to share my to-do list with you all. Sahm's get this stigma that their homes should be in perfect order, children well behaved and a home cooked meal on the table every night. This of course is a goal, but not at all reality, at least not for me. I truly believe that some days it would be easier to switch places with my husband and work a 9-5 and come home. My husband works very hard and I'm sure it would kill me after a day or two. When you consider the role of a sahm several things to think about. 1. how many children she has 4 2. how large of a home does she have to keep up with 4 level 4 bedroom + finished basement town home 3. Does her spouse share in cleaning duties No not often 4. how involved is she outside of the home moderately involved id say 5-10 hours a week outside of the home 5. does she have any special needs or high needs children yes 7 yr old with adhd & growth issues and high needs 9mth old 6. what are the ages of her children 9mts, 4, 7 & 10 7. does she homeschool 1 child 8. does she have any helpers outside of the home. No (answering my own questions in red)
now for my Monday to-do list, this of course is a goal, not really what will get done
-wash, fold and put away diapers
-clean kitchen
-clean Erynns room to get ready to move her out and Cady in
-clean living room, dust and declutter
- wash dh's clothes
- iron uniforms for school aged kids
- prepare dinner and re-clean kitchen
-make important phone calls
-clean out fridge & take out trash
that is it in a nut shell.. give or take a few things..
now I can't leave you without some pics



Feeding her self oatmeal and peaches and earning herself a mid day shower







We really like fruit in our family!!


A siggy I made myself to use on various message boards

No comments:

Post a Comment