Friday, July 31, 2009

Fab Friday..

Oh yes fab it was..No really it was.. Erynn and Aria had a field trip to AIU they came home with goodies, faces painted.. even treats for Mo who couldn't go. Mo and I discussed our plans for her school year. we are "unschooling" yeah I know that may be a foregin term to some however its doesn't mean that we are not educating. Education is a top proirty in our home. It's more so a child-led type of learning. We are starting monday I asked Morgan "what do you want to learn" she says "I want to learn about chocolate, scarecrows & how to make a skeleton" I turn that around to "Ok, lets learn about chocolate and the letter C because chocolate starts with C" She gives me the thumbs up and we role with it. So we will be talking about the coco plant, Hershey PA, and the letter C and C sounds. We will also eat some chocolate of course, and bake some chocolate cookies and if time and weather premits maybe a trip to the library to find a book about chocolate. Everyday of course will be differnt but this will really help me in finding out what her learning style is. Some days I will give suggestions as to what I think we should talk about but I will be making sure we are keeping learning to her intrests. Monday is also the girls first day at thier new school. They are very excited, we are about to do a fashion show with thier uniforms so I will add those pics in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment